North East School Division Logo
Immigration Students
North East School Division Logo
Immigration Students
Immigration Students
North East School Division

Main Page


Immigration or International Students


Definition: "a person whose declared place of residence is outside the boundaries of the division in which that person seeks or is provided with educational services." (As per the Education Act)

  • Immigration or International Students need to fill out this form before registering at an NESD school.

NESD - Immigration or International Student Registration Form


(NESD will need to see a copy with the application)


  • Work Permit/Study Permit/Canadian Permanent Residency card
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate (if married)
  • Proof of residency in community (EXAMPLES: drivers license/temporary Identification card/utility bill/rental agreement) 


  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Progress report or most recent Academic record from previous school (if available)
  • Study permit (if available) 


TUITION (only charged if unable to provide the necessary documents)

North East School Division Tuition Fees for September 2022-2023 will be $13,139.

1. Tuition fees will be charged if a non-resident student is (NESD AP 403 – Admission of Students):

  • NOT accompanied by a parent with a Canadian Permanent Residency or a valid Work Permit issued by Immigration.
  • NOT a Saskatchewan resident.

For non-resident students to attend a school in the North East School Division the following documentation will be needed, along with the tuition payment: 

Please go to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada website (IRCC) - Study in Canada as a Minor

  • Visitor’s Record for the student (will need to be completed upon entry into Canada)
  • Canadian Student Visa/Study Permit for the student
  • Valid Saskatchewan Health Number for the student
  • Canadian Custodianship form (IRCC) - A minor coming to study without a parent must have notarized documents declaring Canadian Custodianship/Caregiver or legal guardianship of their child  by Permanent resident of Saskatchewan.


2. Tuition fees will be waived, if parent(s) of the registering student:

  • Are currently Permanent Residents of Canada
  • Have a valid Work Permit issued by Immigration Canada
  • Have Refugee status
  • Has a valid study permit and is registered in a full-time degree or diploma program in Saskatchewan (not including English as an additional language).
  • Non-Accompanying Parent form from IRCC - will be needed for each student from a parent that will not be arriving with the student or who will be staying in their home-country.  - Form 5604e


3. Tuition fees will be waived for Exchange Students with proper paperwork

  • Contact school with the Exchange student information




402 Main Street, Box 6000, Melfort, SK, S0E 1A0


1-306-752-5741 | Toll Free: 1-888-752-5741


Websby Logo associated with a link to change the website to the editing mode Powered By Websby