Success at Driver Education - Instructions
If your TMSS student's birhtday is before August 31, 2005 and have not yet taken or completed driver education, they are of the age to take Driver Education. We ask that all TMSS students take driver education. The next class is planned for May 2020. Here is what you need to know for your student to be successful:
1. Student will need their Birth Certificate/Canadian Passport and Sask. Health Card.
2. Obtain an SGI Customer Number. You must do this by visiting your local motor license issuer or any SGI motor vehicle branch office:
3. Now, students can get their MySGI account created.
- Check your email for activation code
- Register for account at https://www.mysgi.ca/
- Select I have an activation code
- Select Submit
- Enter your customer number and your activation code, select Submit
- Create username and password and Submit (YOU WILL NEED THIS TO WRITE YOU LEARNERS TESTS)
4. Students are required to attend classes. If any student will be missing a class, the student is required to let the instructor know. Students should not miss more than 2 classes.
5. Students are responsible for knowing when class is and of any changes. Often, there will be information on TMSS student announcements - check the TMSS webpage, Daily News tab. http://archive.nesd.ca/study_hall/teachers/plugins/student_Announcements/viewonly.php
6. Once students write and pass the written portions of the driver's test, they will need to validate at SGI. Once that is done, students may start driving with parents/guardians and with the driving instructor.
Remember, the cost of Driver Education at TMSS is free. If you are to take driver education on your own time, it may cost up to $1000. Therefore, we highly recommend your student participating.
-edited March 4, 2020