Monday, June 1st: Daily Learning Plan for Grade Two
Monday's joke: Why did the bear tiptoe through the campground? He didn't want to wake up the sleeping bags. J
1. Journal entry topic: Rainy Day Fun
What do you do when it is a rainy day? Do you go outside or stay in your house? Do you use your imagination to create something? Or do you get out some cards and board games? Tell about the fun activities you do. You can include inside and/or outside activities.
Try to write 6 or more sentences, and don't forget your picture at the end. Use your dictionary to help with spelling or underline these words. You can come back to these words later and edit the spelling. Remember to use capitals and punctuation.
2. Word Skills: read your word list out loud (to yourself or someone in your family), and then spell out each word out loud (say each letter that makes up the word)
Long List (silent letters): write, wrong, wrap, knee, knock, know, knot, climb, thumb, lamb
(Bonus words): knowledge, plumber, wrinkle
Short List (consonant blends continued): flap, slam, plant, club, black
3. Colourful Words (practice your word list using a different colour for each letter)
4. Reading: your goal is to read for at least 20 minutes each day (choose any story from your books at home, EPIC or Raz-Kids)
1. Math facts-continue to practice using your cards
2. Workbook-continue to work on the next two pages (wherever you are in the workbook).
ARTS ED: Craft
Join Mrs. Panchyshyn on google meet (room23) at 11:00 on Friday, June 5th. (Message your own teacher if you have trouble joining this meet.) You will need the following items (don't go buy anything new, try to use what you have at home):
· Paper bag (it can be an old gift bag, a brown paper lunch bag, etc.)
· String or yarn or curling ribbon (used for gift wrapping)
· Tape (any kind: scotch tape, duct tape, etc.)
· Something to colour with (crayons, markers, etc.)
· Creative attitude.