Monday, May 25th: Daily Learning Plan for Grade Two
1. Journal entry topic: How to make a S'more
In your writing, you will need to explain what a s'more is and how to make it. Yummy!! Make sure to include all the ingredients that you would need and clear instructions on how to make one. Have fun!
Try to write 6 or more sentences, and don't forget your picture at the end. Use your dictionary to help with spelling or underline these words. You can come back to these words later and edit the spelling. Remember to use capitals and punctuation.
2. Word Skills: read your word list out loud (to yourself or someone in your family), and then spell out each word out loud (say each letter that makes up the word)
Long List (prefixes: "un", "re"): unhappy, unsafe, unable, unfair, uncover, reread, rewrite, review, replace, refresh
(Bonus words): unexpected, unusual, rediscover, rearrange
Short List (consonant blends): slip, clam, flag, blink, floss
3. Colourful Words (practice your word list using a different colour for each letter)
4. Reading: your goal is to read for at least 20 minutes each day (choose any story from your books at home, EPIC or Raz-Kids)
1. Math facts-continue to practice using your cards
2. Workbook-continue to work on the next two pages (wherever you are in the workbook).