Monday, May 4th: Daily Learning Plan for Grade 2
Please be sure to contact your teacher on Remind if there are any questions.
1. Postcard: write a postcard to your teacher. Follow the example below to create a postcard. Use any stiff paper or cardboard to make it (use the blank side of an empty cereal box, cracker box, etc.). It should be about 5X7". Make sure to include all the parts needed (greeting, message, closing/signature, address and picture). Your teacher will send out her address on Remind. If you do not want to mail the postcard, please send pictures of both sides to your teacher.
Picture (draw anything you want
to or glue on any picture)
Message (whatever you want to tell me using 3 or 4 complete sentences)
(Goodbye from, etc.)
town,province, postal code)
Front of postcard Back of postcard
2. Word Skills: read your word list out loud (to yourself or someone in your family), and then spell out each word out loud (say each letter that makes up the word)
Long List (long "e"): heel, street, feed, peach, feast, teacher, scream, movie, field, piece
(Bonus words: believe, fearlessly, squeezing)
Short List (sk): skin, ask, skill, skunk, skip
3. Colourful Words (practice your word list using a different colour for each letter)
4. Reading: your goal is to read for at least 20 minutes each day (choose any story from your books at home, EPIC or Raz-Kids)
1. Card Game- Picking Pairs
Choose two suits only and remove the face cards and 10s. Place the remaining cards face UP on the playing surface. Player(s) choose two cards that equal to 10 (ex. 9 of hearts and 1 of spades or 9 of hearts and 1 of hearts). Continue until all the cards have been matched together. If there are remaining cards with improper matches, then you know an incorrect match has been made. Try to find the mistake.
2. Workbook-continue to work on the next two pages (wherever you are in the workbook).
3. Math facts-continue to practice using your cards (these should be automatic