Monday, April 27th: Daily Learning Plan for Grade Two
Please be sure to contact your teacher on Remind if there are any questions.
1. Selfie: take a selfie and send this picture to your teacher (We miss your faces!)
2. Journal entry topic: My Selfie
Describe your selfie. (Where were you in this picture? What were you doing? What are you wearing? How are you feeling? etc.)
Try to write 6 or more sentences, and don't forget your picture at the end. Use your dictionary to help with spelling or underline the words that you aren't sure of. Remember to use capitals and punctuation.
3. Word Skills: read your word list out loud (to yourself or someone in your family), and then spell out each word out loud (say each letter that makes up the word)
Long List (long "a"): braid, rain, snail, plain, plane, fade, crate, today, relay, maybe
(bonus words: migrate, display, maintain)
Short List (st): fast, step, stick, test, stop
4. Colourful Words (practice your word list using a different colour for each letter)
5. Reading: your goal is to read for at least 20 minutes each day (choose any story from your books at home, EPIC or Raz-Kids)
1. Card Game: Flip 10
Remove kings, queens and jacks (ace=1, all other cards are face value ex. 7=7), shuffle deck and deal out 10 cards. Flip over 2 cards to make a two-digit number (ex. below)
This would make 74. Or change their order to make 47.
Continue flipping over 2 cards at a time, until all 10 cards have been used. You should have made five numbers.
Challenge: play using the rest of the cards instead of only 10 cards.
More Challenge: add in the face cards (kings=13, queens=12, jacks=11) to make a three-digit number. (ex. makes 135)
2. Math facts-continue to practice using your cards
3. Workbook-continue to work on the next two pages (wherever you are in the workbook).